- course catalogues of the Department of Mathematics
- course and seminar timetables of the Department of Mathematics
- international office of the University of Ljubljana
- information on EILC courses (click Organizing institutions.../Slovenia/Šolt Institute or Centre for Slovene)
- reception programme of the student organization of the University of Ljubljana
Information for incoming students
There are around 60 teaching staff and 20 Ph. D. students at the Department of Mathematics, which comprises one half of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. Mathematics has a long tradition in Ljubljana. The university was founded in 1919 and its first two presidents were mathematicians. They founded the study of pure and applied mathematics, respectively. Since then the undergraduate programme of mathematics has been reformed several times. At present we are in transition from the old 4+2 system to the new 3+2 system.
Language of instruction: Bachelor and Masters courses are taught in Slovene. For visiting students, consultations, course materials and exams in English are available. Ph. D. courses are taught in English when we have a visiting student. Masters students are usually not allowed to attend Ph. D. courses unless they are exceptionally good. In any case, visiting students are strongly adviced to attend an Erasmus Intensive Language Course (EILC) before the beginning of classes.
The Erasmus coordinator of the Department of Mathematics is prof. dr. Sergio Cabello Justo.