- Jožef Stefan Institute
- ARSO, Environmental Agency of the Republic of Slovenia
- Institute of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana
- At postgraduate level, the Department has formal ties with the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste.
- Members of the Department have connections with a few hundred universities and research institutes worldwide. Some of the institutions, which we are connected to and work on common projects with, are:
Astronomical Observatory of Padova, Brera Astronomical Observatory, Brown University (USA), CERN (Geneve), Cornell University (USA), DESY (Hamburg), Dipartimento di Astronomia (Padova), ELETTRA (Bazovica), ESRF (Grenoble), Gaia Project (ESA), IMR, Tohoku University (Japonska), Institute for Nuclear Physics, University of Mainz, Institute of Astronomy (Bolgarija), INAOE (Mexico), KEK (Tsukuba), Leicester University, Liquid Cystal Institute (Kent, USA), Liverpool John Moores University, MPI fur Polymerforschung (Mainz), Los Alamos National Laboratory, Lund University, MIT, New Mexico Resonance, NICHD (USA), Princeton University, Radbout University Nijmegen, RAVE (RAdial Velocity Experiment), Technion (Israel), Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, Universita' di Bologna, Universität Bayreuth, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Hawaii, University of Nagoya, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, Wageningen University and Research Centre
Research of the Department of Physics
Research is essential to our department. The programmes offered to our students are of the highest level by international standards as a direct consequence of our research activities.
Our Faculty member from the Physics Department, meteorologist doc. dr. Nedjeljka Žagar has been awarded the European Research Council Starting Independent Researcher Grant. Her project MODES: Modal Analysis of atmospheric balance, predictability, and climate is the first ERC project in Slovenia.
These are the research groups led by members of Department of Physics. They are based either in the Department or in the nearby Jožef Stefan Institute.
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Experimental Particle Physics Group
- Physics of Soft and Partially Ordered Matter
- Complex Matter
- Condensed Matter Physics and NMR
- Laboratory for New Experimental Techniques and NMR Methods
- Medical Physics
- Nonequilibrium quantum and statistical physics
- Laboratory for Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance and Biomagnetism
- Structure of Hadronic Systems
- Theoretical Biophysics Group
- Group for Theoretical Physics of Nuclei, Elementary Particles and Fields
- Group for Theory of Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics