- course catalogues of the Department of Mathematics
- course and seminar timetables of the Department of Mathematics
- international office of the University of Ljubljana
- information on EILC courses (click Organizing institutions.../Slovenia/Šolt Institute or Centre for Slovene)
- reception programme of the student organization of the University of Ljubljana
Information for incoming students
There are around 60 teaching staff and 20 PhD students at the Department of Mathematics which comprises one half of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. Mathematics has had a long tradition at the University of Ljubljana. The university was founded in 1919 and the first two rectors were mathematicians. They founded the study of pure and applied mathematics. Since then, our undergraduate study programs in mathematics have been reformed several times. Presently our study programs follow the Bologna reform 3+2 system.
The default language of instruction is Slovenian. For the last few years we have had visiting professors giving a handful of master's courses in English. For visiting exchange students, consultations, course materials and exams in English are available. PhD courses are typically taught in English whenever there is a visiting student. Master's students are usually not allowed to attend PhD courses unless they are exceptionally good. In any case, visiting students are strongly advised to attend an Erasmus Intensive Language Course (EILC) before the beginning of classes.
The Erasmus coordinator of the Department of Mathematics is prof. dr. Karin Cvetko Vah.