Jožef Stefan Institute, Department of theoretical physics
The Department of Theoretical Physics at the Jožef Stefan Institute is announcing an international PhD scholarship, awarded by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Ljubljana.
The recipient will be hosted by the particle physics group in a dynamic environment with regular events: international workshops, group retreats, seminars and summer schools. The vibrant community of faculty members, postdocs, students and visitors offers opportunities for work and collaborations. The group expertise includes physics of neutrinos, colliders, phase transitions in the early universe, dark matter phenomenology and flavor physics. The thesis research topic will be along these directions.
The scholarship is funded by the Slovenian national agency and consists of a monthly salary and a generous travel fund for summer schools, workshops and visits. The four year contract starts in the fall of 2021.
- The applicant should obtain a masters degree or equivalent by the date of appointment. Candidates with a strong record in quantum field theory, particle physics and cosmology, will be given preference.
- The application consists of a motivation letter, concise curriculum vitae with degree certificates, descriptions of grading and scientific awards/achievements.
- Explain the reasons why you should be considered for the PhD position, specify your preferred topics of interest and highlight your prior engagements in physics.
- Arrange for two letters of recommendation.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed. The application and recommendation letters should be sent to the email below by June 25th 2021.
Contact and additional information: email@example.com
- particle group: http://web-f1.ijs.si/#sctabhigh-energy-physics
- workshops: http://hepworkshop.ijs.si
- group retreats: http://hepworkshop.ijs.si/2019-mini
- summer schools: http://hepworkshop.ijs.si/school
Za vsebino oglasa, nadaljnji proces izbire kandidata in obliko medsebojnega sodelovanja med kandidatom in delodajalcem odgovarja delodajalec. Več informacij je na voljo tu.