Completed course Computer laboratory.
Introduction to programming
The structure of a computer and the concept of an algorithm. Basic programming concepts: variables, arithmetic, basic data types. Structured programming: functions, conditional statement, recursion, loops.
Data types: arrays, dictionaries, objects, files. Managing source code. Software development tools. Basics of computational complexity.
Priročniki in učbeniki za programske jezike, ki jih študenti spoznajo.
Manuals and textbooks for programming languages that students learn.
Student learns the basic programming techniques.
Knowledge and understanding: Knowledge of basic programming.
Application: Solving mathematical and other problems with a computer, in particular when a simple computer program is required for this task.
Reflection: The ability of programming enables a higher lever of control over the computer and enables the student to solve the problems that cannot be solved using the standard applications.
Transferable skills: The skill of programming is required in other computer and numerical courses.
Lectures, exercises, homework, consultations
homework, midterm exams, projects, written exam, oral exam
grading: 5 (fail), 6-10 (pass) (according to the Statute of UL)
– BAUER, Andrej. A ralationship between equilogical spaces and Type Two Effectivity. Mathematical logic quarterly, ISSN 0942-5616, 2002, vol. 48, suppl. 1, str. 1-15 [COBISS-SI-ID 12033369]
– AWODEY, Steve, BAUER, Andrej. Propositions as [Types]. Journal of logic and computation, ISSN 0955-792X, 2004, vol. 14, no. 4, str. 447-471 [COBISS-SI-ID 13374809]
– BAUER, Andrej, SIMPSON, Alex. Two constructive embedding-extension theorems with applications to continuity principles and to Banach-Mazur computability. Mathematical logic quarterly, ISSN 0942-5616, 2004, vol. 50, no. 4/5, str. 351-369 [COBISS-SI-ID 13378649]
– PLOTKIN, Gordon, PRETNAR, Matija. Handling algebraic effects. Logical methods in computer science, ISSN 1860-5974, 2013, vol. 9, iss. 4, paper 23 (str. 1-36) [COBISS-SI-ID 16816729]
– PRETNAR, Matija. Inferring algebraic effects. Logical methods in computer science, ISSN 1860-5974, 2014, vol. 10, iss. 3, paper 21 (str. 1-43) [COBISS-SI-ID 17190745]
– BAUER, Andrej, PRETNAR, Matija. An effect system for algebraic effects and handlers. Logical methods in computer science, ISSN 1860-5974, 2014, vol. 10, iss. 4, paper 9 (str. 1-29). http://arxiv.org/pdf/1306.6316 [COBISS-SI-ID 17191001]