Enrollment into the program, familiarity with the content of Nuclear and Particle Physics course.
Nuclei, quarks, leptons
Content (Syllabus outline):
F. Halzen, A.D. Martin, Quarks and Leptons, Wiley 1984,
M. Rosina, Jedrska fizika, DMFA,
D. Perkins, Introduction to High Energy Physics, Cambridge University Press 2000,
B. Povh, K.Rith, C.Scholtz, F.Zetsche, Teilchen und Kerne, Springer 1999,
B. Povh, M. Rosina, Scattering and Structures, Springer 2005.
Familiarity with basic concepts in the filed of nuclear and particle physics.
Knowledge and understanding:
Basic understanding of concepts in the field of nuclear and particle physics. Understanding of interactions among elementary particles. Capability of theoretical predictions and experimental results connection. Critical evaluation and usage of new knowledge in the field of nuclear and particle physics.
Understanding of interactions amiong elementary particles, their effect on the Universe evolution and matter stability. Understanding of basic detection principles.
Critical evaluation of theoretical predictions using experimental results.
Understanding of phenomena and their explanation using experimental results.
grading: 5 (fail), 6-10 (pass) (according to the Statute of UL)
prof. dr. Peter Križan
• I. Adachi et al. [Belle Collaboration], Measurement of B- tau- nu with a Hadronic Tagging Method Using the Full Data Sample of Belle, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110 (2013) 131801
• I. Adachi et al., Precise measurement of the CP violation parameter sin2phi_1 in B0-> c cbar K0 decays, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108 (2012) 171802
P. Križan, Overview of particle identification techniques, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A706 (2013) 48.
Prof. Dr. Svjetlana Fajfer
1. Svjetlana Fajfer, Jernej F. Kamenik, Ivan Nisandzic, Jure Zupan “Implications of Lepton Flavor Universality Violations in B Decays”,
Phys.Rev.Lett. 109 (2012) 161801.
2. Ilja Doršner, Svjetlana Fajfer, Nejc Košnik, Ivan Nišandžić “Minimally flavored colored scalar in bar B ->D (*) tau bar nu and the mass matrices constraints”,
JHEP 1311 (2013) 084.
3. Ilja Dorsner, Svjetlana Fajfer, Admir Greljo, Jernej F. Kamenik “Higgs Uncovering Light Scalar Remnants of High Scale Matter Unification”,
JHEP 1211 (2012) 130.