Enrolment in study program.
Project work in science
Design and testing of a practical open ended project task suitable for the first year students Monitoring and analysing the work of the group of students while they are solving project task.
Physics Education (http://www.iop.org/EJ/S/0/30619/journal/0031-9120).
European Journal of Physics (http://www.iop.org/EJ/search/0143-0807/1).
American Journal of Physics (http://scitation.aip.org/ajp/).
The Physics Teacher (http://scitation.aip.org/tpt/).
Dodatna priporočena literatura (osnovni napotki za izvajanje računalniških meritev)/Additional suggested literature:
PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. Didaktika fizike : aktivno učenje ob poskusih. 1, Mehanika in termodinamika, (Matematika - fizika, 47). 1. ponatis. Ljubljana: DMFA - založništvo, 2011. 216 str.
MOHORIČ, Aleš, Uvod v meritve, gradivo je prosto dostopno na: www.fmf.uni-lj.si/~mohoric/skripta/praktikum/o_meritvah.pdf
Designing a project task that requires a research work of a team. Analyzing the presentation of the results of a project work done by the group of students.
Ability to plan and design experimental project task suitable for student group work.
Ability to use advanced and basic measuring devices, perform computer controlled measurements and analyze the results.
Ability to analyze the presentation of the results of a group work.
Knowledge and understanding:
Knowledge about operation and use of basic and complex experimental equipment, measuring devices and tools. Knowledge about planning a project work for a group of students.
Application: Application of acquired knowledge of physics and didactics of physics in real practical situations.
Critical evaluation of group work result and roles of individuals within the group.
Ability to work in team, ability to communicate with co-workers, ability to find data needed to solve practical task.
Project work, learning by inquiry, research work.
Criteria for successfully completing the course: full presence during the groups meetings, on-time submission of web report, co-authoring the web report.
Grades: passed – not passed
prof. dr. Gprazd Planinšič:
1. PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. Project laboratory for first-year students. Eur. J. Phys., 2007, 28, pp S71-S82.
2. ETKINA, Eugenia, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. Defining and developing critical thinking through devising and testing multiple explanations of the same phenomenon. The Physics teacher, 2015, vol. 53, no. 7, str. 432-437,
3. POKLINEK ČANČULA, Maja, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd, ETKINA, Eugenia. Analyzing patterns in experts' approaches to solving experimental problems, Am. J. Phys., 2015, vol. 83, no. 4, p 366-374.
4. PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd, ETKINA, Eugenia. Light-emitting diodes : learning new physics. The Physics teacher, ISSN 0031-921X, 2015, vol. 53, no. 4, str. 210-216, ilustr. http://scitation.aip.org/content/aapt/journal/tpt/53/4/10.1119/1.4914558. [COBISS-SI-ID 2802788]
5. PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd, ETKINA, Eugenia. Light-emitting diodes : solving complex problems. The Physics teacher, ISSN 0031-921X, 2015, vol. 53, no. 5, str. 291-297, ilustr. http://scitation.aip.org/content/aapt/journal/tpt/53/5/10.1119/1.4917437. [COBISS-SI-ID 2807140]