Enrolment in regular study
Master thesis reearch work 1
-Selection of the master thesis research topic (physics education, interdisciplinary thematic)
-overview of the relevant literature
-selection of experimental methods and theoretical frameworks; learning about the specifics of the environment and conditions in which the research work will take place.
-research plan draft
Odvisna od področja magistrskega dela;
poleg temeljne literature povezane s temo magistrskega dela morajo študenti poiskati tudi aktualne znanstvene članke z ustreznega področja.
Depending on the thematic of the research work; in addition to the major resources on the relevant topic, students will also need to find and read relevant scientific papers that address the research topic.
Students will be able to plan a research in the area of physics education using the knowledge that they gained during the studies and experiences gained during the teaching practice.
Formulating research questions in the area of physics education
systematic problem solving related to the chosen subject;
selection of appropriate literature and choice of research methods;
Knowledge: Understanding physical, didactical-educational, cognitive and other relevant aspects of the chosen research problematic. Selection of the relevant literature and appropriate research methods.
Application: Mastering the methods and working habits that will be useful in students’ future research and developmental work.
Reflection: Connection with the knowledge acquired at various courses in previous studies. Ability to connect and apply acquired knowledge in searching for solutions to given problem.
Design of research work including combination of methods with the aim of testing different hypotheses. Ability to work on a project independently and as a part of a team.
Individual or team work, consultations with the a mentor
passed / not passed
(according to the Statute of UL)
prof. dr. Gprazd Planinšič:
1. JELIČIĆ, Katarina, PLANINIĆ, Maja, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. Analyzing high school studentsʼ reasoning about electromagnetic induction. Physical review, Physics education research, ISSN 2469-9896, 2017, vol. 13, iss. 1, str. 010112-1-010112-18, ilustr., doi: 10.1103/PhysRevPhysEducRes.13.010112. [COBISS-SI-ID 3067236]
2. GREGORČIČ, Bor, ETKINA, Eugenia, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. A new way of using the interactive whiteboard in a high school physics classroom: a case study. Research in science education, ISSN 0157-244X, 2017, 25 str., ilustr., doi: 10.1007/s11165-016-9576-0. [COBISS-SI-ID 3059812]
3. POKLINEK ČANČULA, Maja, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd, ETKINA, Eugenia. Analyzing patterns in experts' approaches to solving experimental problems. American journal of physics : a publication of American association of physics teachers, ISSN 0002-9505, 2015, vol. 83, no. 4, str. 366-374, ilustr. http://scitation.aip.org/content/aapt/journal/ajp/83/4/10.1119/1.4913528. [COBISS-SI-ID 2803556]
4. PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd, ETKINA, Eugenia. Light-emitting diodes : learning new physics. The Physics teacher, ISSN 0031-921X, 2015, vol. 53, no. 4, str. 210-216, ilustr. http://scitation.aip.org/content/aapt/journal/tpt/53/4/10.1119/1.4914558. [COBISS-SI-ID 2802788]
5. ETKINA, Eugenia, PLANINŠIČ, Gorazd. Defining and developing critical thinking through devising and testing multiple explanations of the same phenomenon. The Physics teacher, ISSN 0031-921X, 2015, vol. 53, no. 7, str. 432-437, ilustr. http://scitation.aip.org/content/aapt/journal/tpt/53/7/10.1119/1.4931014. [COBISS-SI-ID 2898276]"