The program is determined each year, and typically covers topics in physics research which are pursued at the faculty as well as in the related institutions. Supervisors of students are lecturers at UL as well as researchers at related institutions.
• William Strunk, Jr., E. B. White, "The Elements of Style".
Students gain exerience in presenting to a broad physics audience; they also gain experience in scientific discussions.
Knowledge and understanding:
Obtaining a broad knowledge in recent developements in physics. Knowledge of basic principles of writing scietific papers and preparing of lectures.
Presentation of research work, writing of scientific papers. Taking part in scientific discussions. Transfer of knowledge and experience between variuos areas in physics.
Critical assessment of the data found in the literature. Critical evaluation of lecturers.
Presentation of research work, writing of scientific papers. Taking part in a discussion.
Attending the lectures.
Prof. Slobodan Žumer
• 1. M. Chambers, B. Zalar, M. Remškar, J. Kovač, H. Finkelmann, and S. Žumer, Investigations on an integrated conducting nanoparticle-liquid crystal elastomer layer, Nanotechnology 18, 415706 (2007).
• 2. P. Kossyrev, M. Ravnik, S. Žumer, Branching of colloidal chains inside supramicrometer capillaries, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 048301 (2006).
3. I. Muševič, M. Škarabot, U. Tkalec, M. Ravnik, and S. Žumer, Two-dimensional nematic colloidal crystals self-assembled by topological defects, Science 18, 954-958 (2006).
prof. Peter Križan
• I. Adachi et al. [Belle Collaboration], Measurement of B- tau- nu with a Hadronic Tagging Method Using the Full Data Sample of Belle, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110 (2013) 131801
• I. Adachi et al., Precise measurement of the CP violation parameter sin2phi_1 in B0 c c K0 decays, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108 (2012) 171802
P. Križan, Overview of particle identification techniques, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A706 (2013) 48.